I thought this would be one of the hardest things for me to learn how to do! This is actually not too difficult. Today’s assignment, straight from Sarah’s book Vegan in 30 Days, is to go out to eat somewhere and order a vegan meal. Don’t be shy, it’s actually pretty easy.
- Get on Vegan Eating Out and see what options you have.
- Scan the menu for vegetarian options that can be modified.
- Scan the menu for salads that can modified.
- Scan the menu for sides that are vegan (ex. Plain Baked Potato).
- See if there is a salad bar.
I have yet to be stumped with this, and this includes family-owned restaurants in the middle of the Midwest. It is possible. Do a little preparation, and don’t be shy.